|Released:||May 8, 2015|
|Featured:||May 11, 2015|
|Data saved:||Current progress|
Crayon Poke is an exploration platformer created by Raiyumi and released on Newgrounds on May 8, 2015. It was featured on Pixel Love on May 11, 2015. The game was originally created in 72 hours as a Ludum Dare entry for the theme "An Unconventional Weapon".
- Left and right arrow keys - Move
- S key - Jump
- D key - Throw a crayon (requires powerup)
The player traverses a vast area with doors leading to various rooms. "Knowledge" can be obtained in a couple of rooms to increase accessibility to other areas.
Four secrets can be found in the game and require one or both of the powerups to collect. Secrets appear in the form of a gem and will be reset if the player dies before touching a save point.
- Pigs - Enemies that run towards the protagonist until they hit the end of one side. They will eat crayons.
- Red circles - Replenishes the player's crayon ammunition back to ten, and removes any crayons previously fired by the player.
- Save points - Saves the player's progress and respawns them from that point when they die or reload their save.
- Springs - Bounce the protagonist upwards.
- Buttons - When pressed, they unlock a barrier. Sometimes multiple buttons appear within a smaller perimeter and require manipulating a pig to press a button at the same time as the protagonist.
- Knowledge - Powerups that add an enhancement to the protagonist.
- Spikes - Pointy objects that cover areas of the ground and kill the protagonist on contact.
- Water - Kills the protagonist upon landing on it.
Crayon Poke has one music track that plays over the game. The titlescreen has no music.
- If the player fires a crayon right next to a wall, the crayon may end up going inside the wall. Multiple crayons fired afterwards can sometimes pile up inside the block rather than sticking to the outer surface.