April 23, 2012
|Featured:||August 6, 2012|
|Soundtrack availability:||Newgrounds Audio|
|Development time:||48 hours|
Fracuum is a minimal pixel explorer created by Tyler Glaiel. It was featured on Pixel Love on August 6, 2012. The player controls a pixel hero navigating through his known universe in search for the centre.
Arrow keys - Move
Fracuum has no set number of levels, but rather different areas within other external areas. The pixel hero starts outside of the universe and enters into openings created in what seems to be a maze. Each opening into a different area allows the game to zoom in, taking focus of the enemies and hazards within the area. Throughout each place, the pixel hero must also obtain coins in order to unlock the finish, located in the center of the universe.
- Fracuum is probably a mix of the two words 'fractal' and 'vacuum.' A fractal is something that contains a smaller, but equally complex version of itself, like a triangle with more triangles within, and more, and more, and more.
Life Bonus: maximum health is worth 1000 points, and decreases linearly with decreasing health. Time Bonus: Time bonus is counted from the point in which the player enters the maze. It falls exponentially from 2000 points.
Fracuum has one track, uploaded to Newgrounds.
Newgrounds Secret Medals
- Flawless - Beat the game and take no damage.
Once you get the gun, you can take a shortcut to the boss by getting out of the maze and going down, like to enter hard mode. Since you went in far enough to get the gun the game will not put you in hard mode. To beat the boss, try shooting all sides to find its weakness.
- Clever - Enter Hard Mode.
When the game starts instead of going up, go down, you eventually reach the YOU WIN screen. However the scores are "?????". Go back a little more and the "reverse" version of the music plays. Everything has the same health, enemies shoot twice as much and do a little more damage.
- Sweet - Beat Hard Mode. Enter Hard Mode, go get the gun and go back the finish and don't bother to collect the coins.
- Genocide - Kill all enemies on hard mode, little hard since everything but the blue squares at the start shoot and do more damage than usual.
- Greedy - Collect all the coins (+) on Hard Mode
- 200% - Kill all enemies and collect all coins on hard mode.