July 2, 2012
|Featured:||August 13, 2012|
|Control scheme:||Keyboard, Mouse|
|No. of levels:||30|
|Website(s):||Newgrounds, BigDino, NotDoppler|
Photon Baby is a retro platform-shooter created by Jeremias Babini. It was featured on Pixel Love on August 13, 2012. The player controls a scientist who is ultimately trying to retrieve a crystal, which was taken by bats when they took his baby.
- or A and D keys - Move
- or W key - Jump
- Click mouse - Shoot a photon bullet
- Space bar - Attract bullet to crosshair
- or S key - Crouch
Photon Baby has thirty levels. Each enemy is in a particular colour, and the player's goal is to shoot the enemy with a particular colour. Photon bullets, when shot, are grey, but turn colour depending on the reflective surfaces they hit.
- Ghouls - They walk back and forth on the platform they are on, changing direction when they reach the end or hit a wall.
- Vampires - Female vampires, after moving back and forth on the platform they are on, will pause and blow a kiss with a vampire heart. The male variation of vampires will turn into a bat after some time and chase the player.
- Werewolf - The werewolf moves towards the direction the scientist moves, and periodically will attack by running. The player's only opportunity to shoot it is after it unsuccessfully attacks the scientist.
- Spikes - Line certain platforms and kill the scientist on contact.
- Skulls - These bounce on the ground back and forth on a platform. They kill the scientist on contact.
- Eyeball creatures - Sticking to platforms, they move back and forth, often obstructing the path of the scientist. They snap at bullets that hit them and cannot be killed.
- Vampire hearts - Given by vampires, they behave similarly to skulls, only they can bounce everywhere.
Photon Baby was featured in a video trailer when the game was seeking sponsorship.
Photon Baby features an original orchestral soundtrack, done by Jeremias Babini.
|Introductory music and menu||Game|